Skip to main content

EXT JS 4 – BINDSTORE VS. RECONFIGURE

I have a form inside of my Ext JS 4 app that after it renders (yes, after it renders), I make an ajax request to load data into a store.  After the store loads successfully, I do a bit of fiddling with the form to add/remove components based on the state of some of the data in the store.  I then call “form.loadRecord(myRec)”.  I think I did this b/c I was working around/with the current state of forms backed by a store.
Of more interest though, my model has two associations on it (with a hasMany relationship).  The data that is in the associated store is presented in two separate grids on the form.   The problem I was having was getting the data from the store I loaded for the form, into the store that is backing the grid.
In my config for the form, I have the grid panels and guess what, store is a required config.  But I don’t have the store until after the form renders, so I put a temporary store in the gridPanel configuration.  After loading the data into the form (via loadRec) I wanted to replace the temporary store with the real store.
First I did this:
1
2
myForm.loadRecord(myRecord);
myGrid.getView().bindStore(myRecord.getAssociatedStore());
where “getAssociatedStore” is really that accessor that you can use to get the associated stores, by using the relationship name.
It worked but there were a few odd things, like not getting the no records text and if the data was updated (thru other parts of the app) it refused to sync.  Well anyways, I figured out what was going.  I was updating the store on the “view” of the grid.  I didn’t realize they could be different.  The Firebug Illuminations plug-in finally helped me see what is going on.
I updated my code to this:
1
2
3
myGrid.reconfigure(myRecord.getAssociation(), columnConfig);
myGrid.getStore.sort("id", "ASC");
myGrid.getView().refresh();
And it works.  This way I was replacing the store that backs the gridPanel (and the view) and not just the one behind the view.  The documentation on Store.reconfigure (in 4.0.2) says the columnConfig is optional, but on reading the code, it most definitely is not.  Not sure which is wrong, the documentation or the code, but in 4.0.2, both the store and columnConfig are required params.
I wonder if there is another, better approach to the whole thing, but this works.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ext4 Apply Store Filtering

In extjs4.1: There are many way for store filtering . Some of code i give here Filtering by single field: store . filter ( 'eyeColor' , 'Brown' );   Alternatively, if filters are configured with an  id , then existing filters store may be  replaced by new filters having the same  id . Filtering by single field: store . filter ( "email" , /\.com$/ );   Using multiple filters: store . filter ([ { property : "email" , value : /\.com$/ }, { filterFn : function ( item ) { return item . get ( "age" ) > 10 ; }} ]);   Using  Ext.util.Filter  instances instead of config objects (note that we need to specify the root config option in this case): store . filter ([ Ext . create ( ' Ext.util.Filter ' , {   property : "email" , value : /\.com$/ , root : 'data' }),   Ext . create ( ' Ext.util.Filter ' , {   filterFn : function ( item ) {   return item . get ( &

ExtJS - Grid panel features

What can we do with ExtJS GridPanel? I have to develop a lot of applications in my web app and I see that grid component of ExtJS may fit in. However, I am not aware of what all things I can do with the - off the shelf available framework pieces - available plug-ins in the marketplace and - custom development through my own developers This is a typical question that we hear from the business users who wants to design an application by keeping the framework’s capability in perspective. In this article I have tried to put the list of stuff you can do with grid and hopefully that shall enable you to take advantage of the beauty of ExtJS. Pre-requisites This article assumes that you are familiar with basics of ExtJS What are the available options? In this section I will be taking you through some of the commonly seen usage of ExtJS grid panel. While covering all the capabilities of grid may not be possible, I am sure it will be helpful for the business users who want to

EXTJS - Way to get a reference to the viewport from any controller

An easy way to get a reference to the viewport from any controller Here's an easy way to get a reference to your viewport from any controller: Ext.application({ launch: function(){ this.viewport = Ext.ComponentQuery.query('viewport')[0]; this.centerRegion = this.viewport.down('[region=center]'); } }); then, inside say, a controller, you can call this: this.application.viewport to get a reference to the viewport.